Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BitBucket Exporting issues completes but link results in "That page timed out while trying to load"

procure April 11, 2022

I'm trying to export my issues from Bitbucket.  I've tried various browsers with the same results. I do get an email with a link to the export (.zip). However, I get a message "That Page timed out while trying to load." when I try to access the export of bitbucket issues (.zip). 

Status of all systems are "operational" https://bitbucket.status.atlassian.com/

The header shows 500 internal server error.

1 answer

0 votes
Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2022

G'Day @procure 

Could you confirm with me how you did the repositories issue export? Also, is your issue on the repositories large as in hundreds of issues?

Also, for your information, we do not send issue export links via email which is why you are not receiving any email link to download the issue.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
Syahrul

procure April 13, 2022

G'Day Syahrul.

There are hundreds of issues in the repo.

Process of repo export followed:

Steps

1. Choose a repository and select Repository Settings.
  2. On the left navigation panel select Import & export, which is located under ISSUES.
  3. Press Start export.
    The system displays the export progress. When the export is completed, the system displays a dialog with a download link.
  4. Download the completed zip file.
    The system also sends an email notification containing a link to the download file.

(Ref: Export or Import Issue Data )

Re: email & asso. link, I can confirm the process is correct and it does email, and there is a link, however no zip file is downloaded.

Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2022

Hi @procure 

Noted. So If I got this right, both links are generated when the export is complete and your email link is not downloading any files?

If yes, can you confirm with me are you still having this issue so I can create a Support ticket to further investigate the issue?

Cheers,
Syahrul

procure June 15, 2022

Hi Syahrul,

You are correct in your understanding, however when I want verify the issue I can confirm it is now resolved and the zip is larger than 1GB.  

Thanks for your reply & bringing to my attention that this has been resolved!

procure June 15, 2022

Additional note: The download gets about 500 -600MB downloaded and then repeatedly fails.

Syahrul
Atlassian Team
June 15, 2022

Hey @procure 

Did you able to successfully download the files, or you are still having intermittent failures to download?

Have you tried downloading it on a different web browser or network to see if it's still failing?

Cheers,
Syahrul

procure June 16, 2022

I never got the files. Still having intermittent download issues occurring around .4GB .  My internet connection isn't dropping, & my bandwidth is 150Mbps. I don't have issues downloading large files from other locations, so either something in the route or at the remote endpoint.

Syahrul
Atlassian Team
July 3, 2022

Hey @procure 

Have you tried downloading this from a different machine just to verify that it's not an issue with your machine?

If it's still failing please get back to me so I can create a support ticket to further investigate.

Cheers,
Syahrul

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events