Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BitBucket] Does BitBucket have a public code search API?

dev-z November 15, 2017

I have gone through the REST API docs for BB cloud but could not find any documentation for Code Search. Is it public? If not, then, are there any plans to make it public in the near future?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Martin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2018

Hi @dev-z,

We're working on the public API for code search in Bitbucket Cloud and it will be available in the near future.

Kind regards,
Martin

Product Manager
Bitbucket Cloud

Martin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2018

The code search public API is now available, 

https://blog.bitbucket.org/2018/04/05/bitbucket-code-search-api-now-available

Kind regards,
Martin

Product Manager
Bitbucket Cloud

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2017

Hi! 

I have not found in documentation, but you can use method 

using develop mode. 3.PNG

Where I got this request.  

api.bitbucket.org/internal/search/account/%7Bf728b512-c0be-4020-9168-23bb4e04c486%7D/code?q=repo%3Aconfluence-newcode-macro-plugin%20import&fields=%2Bcode.values.repository.mainbranch.name%2C%2Bcode.values.repository.mainbranch.target.hash

Hence you can use it. 

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

dev-z November 16, 2017

Hi Gonchik Tsymzhitov,

I had already seen the networks requests in my browser's developer tools. But on seeing it, I noticed that is uses the /internal path.

api.bitbucket.org/internal/search

It seems that is some internal API which they have not made public. So is it safe to use or illegal to use?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events