Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bibucketdatecenter: Can I keep the bitbucket DC disaster recovery instances up and running?

dthadav December 18, 2017

The active bitbucket datacenter instances are running in clustered mode(4 nodes) in a datacenter #1

I want to set up datacenter #2 as a DR solution. Can I keep the nodes on #2 running while I keep the shared file systems synced at all times along with data in the shared database also synced at all times?

I'm trying to eliminate as many manual steps as possible for a failover. Also users geographically closer to datacenter#2 can use #2.

My load balancer allows me to enabled #1 and #2 at the same time.

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2018

Hi Divya! It is not possible to keep the second instance running while the file systems are getting synced. The standby is always cold, which means they cannot be running while the replication is happening.

A typical deployment of Bitbucket with a standby for Disaster Recovery is depicted in the following diagram (see page). The standby Bitbucket instances are "cold" (i.e., not running) and the shared file server, database and (optionally) Elasticsearch instances are "warm" (i.e., running) so that replication can occur. 

You can read Disaster recovery guide for Bitbucket Data Center for more info.

Hope that helps!

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events