Bibucketdatecenter: Can I keep the bitbucket DC disaster recovery instances up and running?

The active bitbucket datacenter instances are running in clustered mode(4 nodes) in a datacenter #1

I want to set up datacenter #2 as a DR solution. Can I keep the nodes on #2 running while I keep the shared file systems synced at all times along with data in the shared database also synced at all times?

I'm trying to eliminate as many manual steps as possible for a failover. Also users geographically closer to datacenter#2 can use #2.

My load balancer allows me to enabled #1 and #2 at the same time.

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Divya! It is not possible to keep the second instance running while the file systems are getting synced. The standby is always cold, which means they cannot be running while the replication is happening.

A typical deployment of Bitbucket with a standby for Disaster Recovery is depicted in the following diagram (see page). The standby Bitbucket instances are "cold" (i.e., not running) and the shared file server, database and (optionally) Elasticsearch instances are "warm" (i.e., running) so that replication can occur. 

You can read Disaster recovery guide for Bitbucket Data Center for more info.

Hope that helps!

Ana

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Service Desk

Wy are we still using email for Service Desk workflows?

...attest to the experience of an urgent approval that gets lost in the boss’s inbox and requires that special “Please Approve” email or text message. In an age where we have distributed teams...

114 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you