Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to synchronize stash repositories with Crucible?

Christian Schulz November 19, 2013

Hello,

I have the same question like asked here https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/212646/synchronize-repositories-in-stash-to-crucible but it seems there is no public accessible answer.

My system environment contains crowd, stash (2.8.4) and crucible (3.1.5).
I want to find a way how to keep stash and crucible in sync without storing user credentials in crucible like described here http://blogs.atlassian.com/2012/07/linking-your-stash-git-repositories-to-crucible-for-code-reviews/.

The Add-on https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.fecru.reposync.reposync sounds nice, but it isn't compatible with my version.

Is there any other way?

3 answers

2 votes
Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2013

Hi Christian,

The reposync plugin is compatible with the current versions of FishEye and Crucible, but the Marketplace entry was out of date. I've now updated it and marked it as compatible up to version 3.1.5.

Cheers,

Michael

Christian Schulz December 9, 2013

Hello Michael,

thanks for your answer. I didn't recognize that you updated the description. :)
I hope such feature will be implemented soon in Crucible directly.

Kirby Files March 6, 2014

Unfortunately, we have the latest version of Fisheye & Crucible (3.3.1), and the reposync plugin is not available for that version. It seems like a common problem that the development pace of Fisheye outstrips the pace of reposync development. This seems like a place where native support between Stash and Fisheye is really needed.

Nick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2014

Just a heads-up to let you know that we are working on some light-weight integration between FishEye and Stash for the upcoming 3.4 release.

The first version of this feature will making adding a Stash repository to FishEye a single click. We will consider bulk-add and synchronisation options in the future too.

What other features would you like to have in this area ?

Kirby Files March 9, 2014

Thanks for the response, and the good news.

We tend to have a number of repositories for a project, so I'd like to see project synchronization between Stash and Fisheye: if I add a Stash project to Fisheye, there should be an automatic Application Link created, and all of that project's current and future repositories should be indexed by Fisheye. If a repository is added, renamed, or removed from a Stash project, the linked Fisheye project should take the appropriate action to update its repositories.

We're also approaching the point where the repository polling is becoming a source of performance issues. It would be better to have commit events in Stash call a resync event in Fisheye, and to disable polling.

Essentially, we need to get back to the level of integration we had when Fisheye had self-hosted git repos. Stash has added some improvements on repo management, but the combination of Stash and Fisheye is thus far a net loss from the Atlassian solution of a year ago.

Thanks.

0 votes
Christian Schulz November 21, 2013

Yes that is correct, but I am searching for a better integrated variant.
For example I want to set up one time, that stash should use crucible and automatically creates the repository and so on. :)

0 votes
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
November 21, 2013

Hi Christian,

When you talk about an alternative for keeping both applications in sync, I get that you would like Stash to trigger an indexing process in Fisheye upon a commit rather than having Fisheye polling Stash in regular intervals? If I got it right, the alternative would be Configuring commit hooks. The whole procedure on how to do it is described in this document.

Let us know if that helps you.

Cheers!

Best regards,

Thiago Bomfim

Atlassian Support

Christian Schulz November 21, 2013

Yes that is correct, but I am searching for a better integrated variant.
For example I want to set up one time, that stash should use crucible and automatically creates the repository and so on. :)

ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
November 27, 2013

Hi Christian,

The automated creation of projects in FishEye upon a repository creation on Stash is not possible at the moment. This is currently a feature request: STASH-2589.

I would strongly suggest that you vote on this issue to increase its popularity and add it to your watchlist for future updates.

Please check how Atlassian implements New features and Improvement Requests for more information.

Best regards,

Thiago Bomfim

Atlassian Support - DevTools

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events