Bamboo to Stash Application Link OAuth Hangs

Jon Brace February 23, 2015

I'm still in the process of setting up Bamboo.  I'm trying to get the application link working.

Incoming application link is fine (Stash > Bamboo)

Outgoing application link doesn't do anything.  It shows the popup, with the OAuth tab, but the spinner just spins and nothing happens.

I can't see any problems in the logs.  I have checked the firewall on the Stash side (it's running on EC2), but no issues.

Any helps would be great.

9 answers

1 vote
John Gill March 13, 2018

3 years later #NeverthelessShePersisted

Running into this issue now. I wish the docs were better, stop making new products and just document what you have and you might find people like your product more. 

#feelingcheatedtoo

Jon Brace March 14, 2018

It's why we gave up on Atlassian products in the end.

1 vote
Steven Whitman May 20, 2015

We are seeing the same issue with outgoing OAuth when trying to connect to Confluence.  Both servers are on our local network.  The Stash server is using SSL.  The Confluence server is not.  I'm able to set up OAuth on the confluence server but when I select the Outgoing Connection/OAuth tab the spinner just spins.  I've read through all the documentation of trouble shooting this but I haven't found a solution yet.  The applink diagnostics plugin indicates no errors.  I was able to set up Outgoing Basic Access but that's not what I want to use.  I see no errors in any logs.  We are running Stash 3.6.0.  Below is a screenshot of what I see when I click on the OAuth tab. Capture.PNG

0 votes
Brock Renninger March 18, 2015

Thanks for the feedback Jon.

Unfortunately this is not a proxy issue, that I can tell.  Instead of a proxy we use port forwarding via the firewall (making things so much easier in a separate cloud instance for each service environment).

We are still have the issue of the oauth hanging in stash, but it looks like it might now be working in the background.  I updated to 3.7.0, and now Bamboo can connect to Stash.  So this update may have fixed the issue, but I honestly don't have true answer for this as I tested a lot of things over the last couple days.

Sorry I can't be any more definitive.

0 votes
Jon Brace March 18, 2015

Hi Brock

I'm not entirely sure what the answer or problem was.

First off, try making sure that you have the Tomcat server setup to deal with reverse proxying, if you are using it.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Integrating+Stash+with+Apache+HTTP+Server#IntegratingStashwithApacheHTTPServer-Step5:Configuremod_proxytomaprequeststoStash

I'm using Apache to reverse proxy so I had to make sure `proxyName="atlassian.com"` was set to my url.

To be honest, i'm struggling with all of Atlassian's documentation.  Also i'm using hosted (cloud) Bamboo and there seems little benefit to setting up an application link, because you can't use some of the linked application features anyway (i.e. commit statuses in Stash).  This isn't documented by the way so feel a bit cheated at the moment.

0 votes
Brock Renninger March 18, 2015

Was there any resolution to this?

https://xkcd.com/979/

We are running into the same issues and no resolution here, this helps no one looking for answers.

0 votes
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2015

Hi Jonathan,

We've seen this error before and it happened because of misconfiguration on the server.xml. It fails and no errors can be seen in the logs.

Could you please make sure you go through the KB below?

Best,
Thiago

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2015

Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for your update.

I would suggest you on:

1. enable debug logging in Stash by going to the Stash admin area, choose Logging and Profiling (under 'Support') and select Enable debug logging.
  2. please, revisit the same "Configure Application Links" view and replicate the error in the screenshot provided, this will generate new entries to the Stash logs
  3. please, raise a Support ticket under "Stash administration >> Support >> Atlassian Support Tools >> Support request"

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

0 votes
Jon Brace February 23, 2015

Hi Rafael

Bamboo is running on your servers i.e. your cloud service.

The Stash instance is setup according to the guidelines, i.e. it is behind an apache proxy, so available on port 80.

I have read the Troubleshooting Applinks documentation and it shows options that don't seem to apply to the version of stash I have.

I have tried various different options but nothing is working. I get the error message in Stash, and it hangs.

Screen Shot 2015-02-23 at 16.38.30.png

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
February 23, 2015

Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for your question.

Where is Bamboo being hosted (in Cloud or behind the firewall)? If in Cloud, please remember the communication between the applications are given through port 80 or 443 only.

Please, refer to Troubleshooting Applinks documentation for further information.

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events