Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo losing access to Stash repositories?

Timothy Harris November 17, 2014

I have bamboo linked to stash. I have several linked repositories. Occasionally and for no apparent reason I get the following error.

StashRepoError.png

This happensd on different repositories at different times. Saving the repository configuration works.

What are the possible causes of these errors? Why are they random and what to do about them?

3 answers

0 votes
dericleeyy May 8, 2015

For Stash type linked repository, a key pair is generated and added to the Stash user profile of the user adding it. This means that the permission for the repository is based on the user.

Normally this could happen if access is removed or the user deleted completely. Saving it again in linked repository regenerates the key and readds it to the new user profile who saved it.

0 votes
Caley Goff December 5, 2014

We noticed this when either Stash, or JIRA  for whatever reason crashed unexpectedly. Even though we would save the details again is the error message suggested, the only way to resolve this error was to restart the Bamboo instance.

Even though we were adding new linked repos (and plan specific repos) the error would still appear there. As such we were left with no other choice but to restart the entire instance of Bamboo.

This answer may or may not help you, but you definitely aren't alone in seeing this symptom. 

0 votes
Timothy Harris November 17, 2014

Also the plans trigger is set to Stash trigger om changes. Why would this happen when there were no changes to the repository? There is no polling set up...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events