cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo checkout of mercurial produces an empty folder in _hg-repsitories-cache

Jay Barra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2011

Occasionally when Bamboo is doing a clone of a new repository the folder in _hg-repositories-cache is created and it looks like it attempts to check out the repository but no .hg file or folder is created.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jay Barra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2011

It looks like it was a permissions issue, after the service was updated it was set to run as system when before it needed to run as a user with permissions to the repository.

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2011

Which Bamboo version is it and which operating system?

Jay Barra
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2011

Windows XP sp3, Bamboo 3.2 build 2600

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2011

I don't remember the exact issue number, but I remember there was a problem on Windows when antivirus software was enabled on that directory. Try excluding that directory and see if it helps.

You may try upgrading to a later Bamboo version, it should contain a more graceful handling of that case.

Jay Barra
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2011

Ok, I was planning on upgrading to 3.4 soon so hopefully that'll sort that out. I'll check back in if it fixes the issue or not

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
December 18, 2011

Try it and if it still does not work (and you are sure it's not an av issue), contact our support.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events