Bamboo and Stash Application Link succeeds, doesn't work

Justin Alan Ryan June 9, 2015

Hi,

I've recently started at a company who uses Bamboo and is in the process of migrating from Subversion to Git+Stash.

I have admin on both Bamboo and Stash, and have successfully created a reciprocal application link between the two multiple times, just to ensure I did nothing wrong.  It may be worth noting that the initial reciprocal link from Stash to Bamboo did not work because I had admin only in Bamboo, not in Stash - which has since been rectified.

Now, when I try to add a new repository to a build plan in Bamboo, and select "Stash" as the type, I get a message in a little box:

Stash - approval required

Bamboo requires your approval before it can display repositories and branches, and automatically set up authentication.

(Login & Approve) <- link

If I hit, "Login & Approve", it simply reloads the page.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
CruzinUSA
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2015

Do you know if the OAuth tokens are created? Does it just keep asking you to create an OAuth token? Are you using straight HTTP or is there HTTPS / Proxy involved? I'd take a look at the logs and see if you run into any of the issues mentioned in our Applink Troubleshooting Guide

Justin Alan Ryan June 11, 2015

Thanks for pointing at the Applink troubleshooting guide! Turns out we had a clock mismatch between our Bamboo and Stash machines, and the oauth dialog was silently failing. Only when I opened it in a new tab did I see: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/KB/OAuth+error+oauth_problem%3Dtimestamp_refused

geoffreychan August 21, 2015

@Justin Alan Ryan That was our issues as well.

1 vote
Anurag Prakash June 9, 2015

That should be fine as first time it ask for authenticate for linked application. So that Bamboo or Stash will know that you are a known user for both the application.

Once authenticated, it will save the reference in stash. You can check in Stash,

Profile > Manage Account> Authorized Application -> you will see Bamboo.

If you revoke access from their, it will ask again for approval as it did now.

Justin Alan Ryan June 11, 2015

Thanks, I re-linked them several times, but the oauth dialog was failing silently, as you'll see in my other response. Turns out our machines' clocks were out of sync.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events