Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup application SSL cert error

Stefan Hodgman June 22, 2016

HI, 

Trying to get the backup application to work, getting below error. I have a externally trusted CA cert installed and the Bitbucket web server runs SSL fine so I don't know why this is failing at time of trying to launch the backup jar file?

$ java -jar bitbucket-backup-client.jar
2016-06-22 12:11:10,129 INFO Initializing
2016-06-22 12:11:13,723 ERROR A backup could not be created
org.apache.wink.client.ClientRuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: javax
.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX
path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException
: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
at org.apache.wink.client.internal.ResourceImpl.invoke(ResourceImpl.java
:241) ~[wink-client-1.4.jar:1.4]
at org.apache.wink.client.internal.ResourceImpl.invoke(ResourceImpl.java
:189) ~[wink-client-1.4.jar:1.4]
... 19 more frames available in the log file

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2016
Stefan Hodgman June 23, 2016

That was it thanks,

from your link there is this one as well, I used the Command line install at the bottom after Portecle would not allow me to save the keystore after importing  the public cert. I even tried installing the Unlimited jurisdiction jars but still nothing, nonetheless Openssl was able to do the job. 

ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2016

Nice. I am glad it helped. smile

Thiago,

DevTools Support - Atlassian

0 votes
Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2016

This error means that the certificate is not trusted by the java runtime. Which is the CA which issued the Bitbucker certificate and which JVM are you using (output of java -version will be helpful)?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events