Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BItbucket Datacenter to manage repositories up to 5 GB

Samuel Navarro May 27, 2020

Could you help me, in my company we are going to use BItbucket Datacenter but we want to manage repositories of up to 5 GB as we can do to achieve this, what alternatives does it give me without using git LFS or if it is only using LFS, I would like it to help me.

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2020

Hi @Samuel Navarro,

Git LFS is your only option, it was created because Git itself have some performance issues if your repository get bigger then 3 Gb. You can store larger repositories without using Git LFS, at my previous job we had a handful of repositories that was closer to 10 Gb and it is doable, but I would highly recommend using Git LFS.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2020

During one of the previous Atlassian Summits there was a talk about Git and large repositories, their repositories were in the 30 Gb range, let me see if I can find that talk for you.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2020

Here is the talk from Atlassian Summit 2016, Tracking huge files with Git LFS 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events