Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic merging of hotfix into release branch

Deleted user February 18, 2015

Is it possible to enable automatic merging of a hotfix to the release branch when it's integrated into master during a pull request? 

We have the stash branching model activated and are creating a hotfix branch based on the master. As soon as we are finished we would like to merge that into the master branch (pull request) and automatically into the open release and develop branch as well. Currently stash only merge into master and develop, but as from my opinion this should be merged into the release branch as well.

18-02-2015 14-32-41.png

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2015

If I understand it correctly, your branch off from master for the hotfix branch? Why don't you branch off from the release branch in question? Then when you merge the pull request, auto-merge would merge it from release/X -> release/X+1 -> release/X+2 -> ... -> master (production) -> develop?

Kalpana August 30, 2017

I know its a older thread, but I would like this functionality as well. To merge a hotfix to release when the hotfix is merged to master.

We are using bitbucket4.14.5, dont see this functionality is there, Am i wrong? 

To Michel, master represents the production code and release branch represents the ongoing release. so production/hotfixes need be branch off from master not release.

Marco Endres September 20, 2017

Are there any updates to this? I would also like this feature.

Josiah Eubank October 29, 2019

@Michael Heemskerk (Posting because this is still a relevant Google result). It looks like your proposed order of branches/merges is not implemented in bitbucket (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/automatic-merging-from-master-to-release-branches/qaq-p/889834)  Is that correct?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events