Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto resolve issue from commit message (Bitbucket Cloud)

alexanderwink August 18, 2017

Hi,

Reading the docs I should be able to resolve an issue by entering a commit message like "Add some new functionality, fixes issue #226". But my issue is never resolved when the commit is pushed. Is there some setting or any action I need to perform to make this work?

Kind Regards,

Alexander

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2017

Hi Alexander, what is the exact syntax you're using? Keep in mind that it has to be on the form:

<ignored text> <ISSUE_KEY> <ignored text> #<transition_name> <comment_string>

So in your case it could be something like:

JRA-123 #resolve Fixed this issue today

You can see all the custom commands available for use with Smart Commits by visiting the JIRA Software issue and looking at its available workflow transitions.

Also, make sure that the committer's email address must match the email address of a single JIRA Software user with the appropriate project permissions to transition issues.

You can find more information at Processing JIRA Software issues with Smart commit messages.

Let us know if this helped you! 

Cheers,

Ana

alexanderwink August 23, 2017

I think you've misunderstood me. I'm not using Jira. I using the issue tracker included in the Bitbucket Cloud. According to the documentation this should work out of the box as seen here https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/resolve-issues-automatically-when-users-push-code-221451126.html

KR, 

Alexander 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events