Authentication fails

lufft_swdev November 20, 2017

We are using JIRA user directory for bitbucket user authentication which seems to be broken. We always get the error message: "Der Remote-Authentifizierungsserver ist nicht verfügbar" (german error message). 

Even trying to authenticate with a local user fails with error message: "Sie sind nicht berechtigt, auf Bitbucket zuzugreifen." (german as well).

I have already tried to create a temporary local bitbucket user, without success. Following guide couldn't fix my problem as the table bitbucket_user isn't available. https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserverkb/restore-bitbucket-server-s-administrator-user-779171684.html

Bitbucket is running on a MSQL server.

Do have any ideas how to resolve this situation?

Btw: JIRA is still working properly

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2017

Hi Martin! For the record and for other people that will try to help with this issue, this is what the error messages mean (according to Google Translator 🙂 ):

The remote authentication server is not available 

You are not authorized to access Bitbucket

Back to this issue, in previous similar cases this is the solution that worked:

1. Disable and then Remove the JIRA Server directory. In Bitbucket administration > Accounts > User directory.
  2. Click Add Directory and re-enter all of the necessary details.
  3. Delete the connection between Bitbucket and JIRA and then, reconnected, as per Connecting Bitbucket Server to Jira for user management.

If this doesn't solve your issue, can you check the logs and see if you find any error? Log files can be found at <HOME_FOLDER>/logs/atlassian-bitbucket.log. Also let us know which version of Jira and BB Server are you using.

Hope that helps!

Ana

lufft_swdev November 21, 2017

Thank you for you reply.

At least for our confluence instance your solution helped. It really seems that our Jira authentication is broken.

But unfortunatly for bitbucket, even the local user credentials are not working and I am not "authorizied" to access bitbucket.

For testing I have installed another bitbucket which also connects to Jira properly again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events