Atlassian Stash middleware

Geoff Bush September 10, 2013

Can Atlassian Stash run on a different middleware such as jboss

2 answers

0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2013

Hi Geoff,

Sorry for the delay. I'm afraid the answer is a firm no. I won't lie, technically it may be possible, but for quite a few reasons we reserve the right to dictate our web container. Supporting multiple databases is time consuming and difficult enough!

Just out of curiosity, what are you reasons for wanting to run under JBoss instead of Tomcat? Is there anything missing from Stash that you need under JBoss?

Cheers,

Charles

Geoff Bush September 17, 2013

This is our wish list:

• x500 certificate base authentication out of the box (we have had to build a plug-in to do this)
  • The ability to overrride and fully customise internal users / groups
    • e.g. not just simple LDAP setup we have:
      • Federated LDAP + custom REST based ROLE / Security group lookup
      • Built in JBoss stack.
    • e.g select LDAP directory based on runtime attrubute / field (e.g nationality ( from users x500 certificate))
    • e.g abilit to use alternative mechanism for groups and have them appended to local group
      • lick local REST service
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2013

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the wish list. That helps immensely.

At this point I would suggest raising a feature request so we can track the requirements there.

It's worth mentioning that apart from permissions, most of Stash's user management is based around an embedded version of Crowd, and as such some of these features would need to be implemented there first. You might want to see what current feature requests are currently open for Crowd, as they may be exactly what you're after, and vote for them.

In short - for some of these features to work we're going to need to add support directly into Stash/Crowd, which in turn will mean that it ends up working on Tomcat too.

Cheers,

Charles

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2013

i don't have much idea on stash, when i google it i found this document

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Supported+platforms

i hope it will help you atleast little bit!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events