Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian Stash Upgrade

Bhargavi Nannapaneni June 26, 2014

Hi Team,

We are using Atlassian stash to manage our Git repositories and we were using 2.6.0 version of stash. Now that we have upgraded stash version from 2.6.0 to 2.6.2 we encountered data loss in all the repositories.

By mistake, we have used same directories as Stash installation and stash Home which might be one of the reason for data loss. I now have a backup of stash 2.6.0 on the server. If I uninstall new version of stash (2.6.2) and do the installation again by providing different directories for stash Home and installation, will it work?

Else, if I copy repository directories from backup of 2.6.0 STASH_HOME/data/repositories to the existing path (/opt/atlassian/stash/atlassian-stash-2.6.2/data/repositories) , will it work?

Please let me know.

2 answers

0 votes
Bhargavi Nannapaneni June 26, 2014

Thanks for the reply Michael.

I just created SSP-4752 for the issue and attached the support log as well.

Answers for your question are here:

1)We have the zip file of stash version 2.6.2 and did the installation.

2)POst upgrade, we are left with repositories which are empty with no data code inside them.

0 votes
Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2014

Hi Bhargavi,

I suggest you open a support request at https://support.atlassian.comand a support zip (Administration > Support tools > Support Zip). This will allow our support engineers to go through your logs and see whether any issues occurred during upgrade. Please also describe in a bit more detail

• what steps you performed in the upgrade
  • what you mean by 'data loss' in all the repositories. Are the repositiories gone, or are they still there but displayed as empty?

Cheers,

Michael

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events