Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian Stash 2.0, too many files in a directory

md_5 January 12, 2013

There are too many files in this directory. Only showing the first 500.

When viewing a large directory in Stash 2.0.2 I get this message, is there any way that I can remove or increase the limit?

Thanks in advance, md_5

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
seb
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2013

You can set the property

page.max.directory.children=1000 #(or another arbitrary number)

in the file stash-config.properties in your STASH_HOME directory. However, we don't recommend setting this value to be very high, as it will start causing performance problems for your Stash instance.

Out of interest, why do you want to set this number higher? If you are looking for a particular file in a directory/repository, I would suggest using the "find files" feature. (Press 'f' or click on the link on the right hand side of the toolbar).

md_5 January 13, 2013

Thanks for that. I want to set it higher so I can quickly get a gist of all files in the directory. Yes I could use the search, but sometimes I want to scroll through and find an unknown file name.

Thanks for the prompt response, I'll probably set it to around 1500.

0 votes
Gábor Lipták May 30, 2013

Seb, we purchased an enterprise subscription, so do we have access?

In general, maybe the sample config file could placed on/linked from the FAQ?

Thanks

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2013

Hi Gabor,

The source should be available here:

https://my.atlassian.com/download/source/stash

We're planning on documenting some of the most important and relevant flags very shortly. There are quite a few that we really don't want people to change, which is why we don't just expose the file directly.

Cheers,

Charles

0 votes
Gábor Lipták May 29, 2013

Seb, are all these Stash configuration properties are listed somewhere? Thanks

seb
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2013

If you have access to the source distribution you can look at stash-default.properties

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events