Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As Admin, how do I upload a photo for my User?

Terrance Teoh March 28, 2016

Hi,

As Admin, how do I upload a photo for my User?

I don't see any Log In As User like in JIRA or Confluence.

Do I have to use an API like in HipChat?

Thanks and regards,
Terrance

2 answers

0 votes
Mark McCormack (Adaptavist)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2016

Hi Terrance,

Our ScriptRunner suite of add-ons (for Bitbucket Server and JIRA) allow you to Switch User to another user within Bitbucket and JIRA:

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/bitbucket/AdministrativeScripts.html#_switch_user

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/builtin-scripts.html#_switch_user

We don't have a ScriptRunner for Confluence yet (a few months away roughly).

0 votes
evzijst
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 29, 2016

Go to your profile page and click your avatar:

change_avatar.png

Terrance Teoh March 29, 2016

Hi Erik,

Thanks for responding, but I am trying to do the uploads for my Users.   smile

Thanks and regards,

Terrance

evzijst
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 29, 2016

You cannot change someone else's avatar (or any profile setting for that matter). Bitbucket accounts are personal identities and not owned/controlled by others.

Terrance Teoh March 29, 2016

Thank you Erik.

It is possible with JIRA and Confluence as Admin to Login as the User and make a change.

On HipChat there is an API to update the User's photo.

Looks like Bitbucket is not doing any of these.    sad

evzijst
Atlassian Team
March 30, 2016

Correct.

Bitbucket's use case goes beyond that of teams with many individual developers using it for their own work, in addition to that of their employer.

It would be inappropriate for users to lose ownership of their accounts and potentially their own private repos just by joining a team. Others like myself are members of multiple teams.

This is different from JIRA of which there is no one global instance.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events