Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there plans to provide support for mercurial or git in atlassian on demand?

mcwumbly December 9, 2011

Are there plans to provide support for mercurial or git in atlassian on demand?

Wondering whether the bitbucket acquisition is any indication of more integrated future support.

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 26, 2011

Hi there,

There certainly are plans to support both Mercurial and Git on the OnDemand platform in the near future. Our downloadable versions of FishEye/Crucible already support this functionality so as soon as our developers are able to bundle the latest version of FishEye on the OnDemand platform then this functionality will then be supported. We don't currently have a date when FishEye v2.7 will be available on the OnDemand platform but our developer are working hard to get it bundled, although the only timeline I can currently provide you with for this is "soon". I understand you will be impatient to start using Mercurial and/or Git repositories, however we won't bundle a product version until all the integration is completed and the new version will be at least as stable as the old version was. We undesrtand that providing new functionality is important, but not at the expense of the stability of the system. So, to answer your question, we will be providing Mercurial and Git support soon and therefore I'd suggest you keep an eye on our blogs for when the announcement is made that OnDemand now support Mercurial and Git.

All the best,

John

0 votes
Andrew Arrigoni March 5, 2012

I'm also evaluating for our small team. If we do use it, we'd probably use OnDemand (because I'm not a SysAdmin and never want to be. ;) Probably not going to use FishEye if it doesn't support Git. :)

0 votes
mcwumbly January 30, 2012

"A built-in repository management tool for git repositories will follow in late Spring / early Summer (Northern Hemisphere seasons)."

What is the timeline for Fisheye support of linked bitbucket repositories?

DouglasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2012

Can you provide some detail around why you want to use FishEye with bitbucket?

mcwumbly January 30, 2012

I think there is value in an integrated user experience for cross-referencing changesets in the Fisheye UI with tickets in JIRA, regardless of the VCS behind it. We have repositories in a mixture of SVN and Git right now, and potentially some of the SVN would move to Hg. It'd be nice for all teams to acclimate to one way of browsing their source online.
I may not have enough experience with the products yet to give you a more intelligent answer, but from browsing around on this forum, it appears there are other users with the same request. The only comment on my original question makes this request, as do many of the 'related' links on the sidebar.

DouglasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2012

I'd like to discuss this with you in greater detail - please drop me an email: ondemand-pm at atlassian dot com.

0 votes
DouglasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2012

It's possible to link a bitbucket or GitHub repository to JIRA OnDemand today. Setting up these links will display commits in JIRA issues and Activity Streams.

Next we plan to open up Bamboo OnDemand to build from bitbucket and GitHub repositories. This will be available in the February/March time frame.

A built-in repository management tool for git repositories will follow in late Spring / early Summer (Northern Hemisphere seasons).

0 votes
NikE
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2012

If you want to dig into more detail on this, there is a pretty hotly debated feature request here:

https://studio.atlassian.com/browse/JST-2090?focusedCommentId=53167&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-53167

For now, the highlighted comment is the last official update... and it is due for an update in the near future.

0 votes
mbellinaso December 14, 2011

I'm also interested in this. We're going to use Jira + GreenHopper + Confluence OnDemand...and would really like to add FishEye...but only if it integrates with a Mercurial repository hosted on BitBicket or on some other external place.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events