Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there plans of a enterprise server?

Travis Fields January 2, 2013

Are there any plans of a BitBucket server similar to Stash or GitHub? Our company is not willing to do anything outside of our firewall or control for source code. The other mercurial servers out in the wild are weak at best especially when trying to intergrate to LDAP or AD groups.

2 answers

1 vote
Dennis Kromhout van der Meer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2013

As you mentioned github, I assume that you're not specifically tied to Mercurial. We have a great new product for you called Stash: http://www.atlassian.com/software/stash/overview

It's a private DVCS server behind your firewall :) It also supports delegating authentication to LDAP: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Configuring+delegated+LDAP+authentication

Travis Fields January 3, 2013

We are very much tied to Mercurial, I was aware of Stash and had simply mistyped the original "Stash or GitHub" as "Stack or GitHub".

I am not aware of any product for Mercurial specifically outside of a very few including SCM-Manager which are lack luster at best by comparison to both BitBucket or Stash. As we currently use Jira as well it would be adventageous for use to have it built in one system but are not willing to move from Mercurial to Git. This is why I was asking if say for instance BitBucket was going to eventually go enterprise and be deployable in our own personal cloud.

Dennis Kromhout van der Meer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2013

As far as I know there are no plans of making Bitbucket available behind the firewall, this is why Stash was created, Unfortunately I don't know any alternatives, but I would recommend to watch https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-2469 for Mercurial support in Stash.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2013

I have heard that there will never be a behind-the-firewall version of BB. If Stash supported hg, that would be great.

I have experimented with using hg-git to push an hg repo to Stash. It works, but it's not completely satisfactory. But it's useful if you personally use hg, everyone else uses git, and you need to get your repo somewhere backed up.

You should also look at rhodecode - it's not in the same league as the commercial ones but is pretty good and great value.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events