Are there permission or branching repository schemes for Bitbucket?

Is there anything like a JIRA Permission scheme for a Bitbucket Project or Repository?

For instance, I'd like all repositories within a given Project and group of Projects to use the same branching model and permission set.

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi,

There is nothing like permission schemes or templates built-in into Bitbucket server, but there are a few feature requests for this already:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BSERV-4995https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BSERV-3614

So you have to either do some scripting with the REST API to share a branching model or permission set, or use a plug-in. But note that not all the things can be controlled already with the REST API, e.g. the branching model cannot.

If you don't mind commercial plug-ins, then you could use our Repository Templates for Bitbucket Server. With that plug-in, you can configure a repository to your liking with permissions, branching model, hook settings and more, and use that as a template for other repositories.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Michael

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jun 12, 2018 in Bitbucket

Do you use any Atlassian products for your personal projects?

After spinning my wheels trying to get organized enough to write a book for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) I took my affinity for Atlassian products from my work life and decided to tr...

22,494 views 26 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you