Application link throws "Invalid OAuth signature" error in Jira while connecting to Bitbucket

Vinoth V May 21, 2018

Hi All,

I am trying to upgrade my older version (3.x) of Bitbucket (formerly Stash) and I was able to upgrade it to 4.x (for time being). When I tried to connect my Jira with Bitbucket via application links I am getting the error :

Invalid OAuth signature

We couldn't connect to Bitbucket, possibly because that instance is behind a misconfigured proxy.

But in the Bitbucket application links section, it shows Jira is connected. While troubleshooting this , I tried to disable OAuth in Jira and Bitbucket in the below combination and noticed something strange...

In Jira application links:  incoming - OAuth, outgoing - Disabled

In Bitbucket application links: incoming - Disabled, outgoing - OAuth

The above combination setting shows "Connected" on both Jira and Bitbucket. But if I change it to OAuth on both sides for incoming and outgoing, it is throwing the error as I mentioned earlier.

I know I am missing something in the proxy config , but don't know what exactly. 

Please help.

FYI: I have a HA proxy running in between Jira and Bitbucket.

1 answer

0 votes
Rodrigo M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2018

Hello Vinoth

The most important factor to consider when coming to Application compatibility is the possibility for Application Links to work properly. As you can read from Application links version matrix, it's necessary to ensure that your applications are using the same major version of AppLinks to resolve any potential incompatibilities. So, above all, you need to ensure that Bitbucket version and JIRA are compatible with AppLink version.

Regarding the proxy settings, we have a KB on how to configure an HA proxy in Bitbucket. I suggest setting the configuration of the HAProxy according to this KB.

Also, we have a KB that outlines the OAuth signature rejected. Please take a look and try the resolution mentioned there,

Cheers
Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events