Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App password

neilyoung2512 January 28, 2022

The number of incoming mail increases the last weeks, warning about 

"Beginning March 1, 2022, you will no longer be able to use your Atlassian account password when using Basic authentication with the Bitbucket API or Git over HTTPS. For security reasons, we require all users to use Bitbucket app passwords."

I think this is a similar move as like Github did with the personal access token. I'm just wondering if this change also hits the web dashboard, or is this completely unrelated? Will I also have to use an "app" password instead of "ordinary" username/password authentication to access my projects via the web dashboard at https://bitbucket.org/dashboard/overview

Please clarify. Thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Norbert C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2022

Hi @neilyoung2512 

Thank you for contacting Atlassian Community, my name is Norbert and I'm a Bitbucket Cloud Support Engineer, it's nice to meet with you!

I would like to inform you that this chance doesn't affect your access to the Web Dashboard. This change is only applicable to your Bitbucket API and Git over HTTPS usage.

Please let us know if you have any further question? We're here to help.

Best Regards,
Norbert
Atlassian Bitbucket Cloud Supoprt 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events