Anyway to recover a deleted repo?

Alaric3183 September 27, 2021

I mistakenly  deleted a repo AND the local. Is there anything that an be done?

The repo is Alaric.Games.WordDescent, It was deleted between 10pm & midnight on 27th September (and then recreated - it is empty now).

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2021

Hi @Alaric3183,

On some occasions, the support team can help recover core repository content, as long as the deletion happened within the last 7 days. We are unable to recover metadata (like PRs, comments, issue tracker) or any content that was deleted past 7 days.

Since your repository was deleted yesterday, I went ahead and created a support ticket for you using the email of your community account, so an engineer can check if restoration is possible.

You should have received an email with a link to the support ticket. Just in case you haven't received it, please feel free to let me know and I can post the ticket URL here. The ticket will be visible only to you and Atlassian staff, no one else can view its contents even if they have the URL.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Ian Sanderson September 28, 2021

Hi Theodora,

Thanks you for progressing this problem. I can confirm that I have been contacted by the support team who are "looking into it". I can ask no more.

I guess I do have one question - was tagging this with "Atlassian-support" the magic touch? When I had no response in nearly 24 hours, I was disheartened.

Regards,

Ian

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2021

Hi Ian,

You are very welcome, I'm glad to have helped.

The tag "atlassian-support" didn't play a role. If there is an emergency, you can use the Contact Us channel:

Then request an escalation and be clear that you've lost data and Atlassian support is required.

Workspaces on the free plan are only eligible for Community support as per our support offerings. Another way to get into support would be to upgrade your workspace to Standard plan during the issue period so you can create a support ticket yourself, and then downgrade back to Free once the issue is resolved.

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Alaric3183 September 27, 2021

Well it seems it is possible Solved: Recover Deleted Repository (atlassian.com) Just need someone to initiate the process.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events