Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to mark a pull request as "unapproved" other than with a comment or declining?

duboisfb October 1, 2013

Comming from a gerrit background, I liked the fact that gerrit allowed you to mark a code review with a -1 or -2 (to block it). In stash you can approve a pull request to show that you agree with it but you can't mark the pull request as denied.

Declining a pull request is like abandonning a review in gerrit. I'd like to have a Deny button that you can toggle just so that it's easy to spot that a someone disaproves of your pull request.

Disaproving wouldn't block a pull request but it would be a great visual cue in the summary section to show that someone is protesting against your pull request (maybe put a little red mark in the avatar, akin to the green cross when someone approves).

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey_Efimov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2013

Partially you can use Handbrake plugin for this.

https://bitbucket.org/Commander_Duck/stash-pull-request-handbrake

duboisfb October 10, 2013

Thanks, it's not exactly what I'm looking for but I chose this one as the best answer because it inspired me to try to write a plugin to scratch my itch.

1 vote
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2013

Hi Fred,

As Robert pointed out we don't currently support this. I think there's definitely room for improvement of the pull request reviewer states - but we're being cautious about exactly how we implement it.

While this isn't exactly what you're asking for, you might want to vote on the following which I suspect from an implementation perspective would result in what you're asking for.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-2999

Otherwise feel free to create a new feature request so we can track specific interest.

Cheers,

Charles

0 votes
Robert Watkins
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 1, 2013

Unfortunately, no. You can approve or not approve, but you can't do a -1.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events