Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Another account

cobaltbikes
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
Nov 03, 2023

Hi, I have an account that I used to log-in with my username that I can not recover. Can you help me with that?

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
Nov 07, 2023

Hi @cobaltbikes and welcome to the community!

Username login was disabled in Bitbucket Cloud several years ago. Login to the website is only possible with the primary email of a Bitbucket account.

If you remember the account's primary email address, you can request a password reset email via this link:

If you don't remember the email but you remember the username of the account and you have an app password for this account that has at least Account: Read permissions, you can use the following API endpoint to get the email address associated with this user:

Example call:

curl -u Bitbucket_Username:App_Password -X GET -H "Content-Type: application/json" https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/user/emails

If there are email aliases in your account they will be returned as well, but the field is_primary will indicate the primary email of the account. Please note that the API call requires an app password for authentication and not the account's password, as we have deprecated the use of account passwords for API.

If you don't have an app password for that account, then I would suggest trying to log in to https://bitbucket.org/ from browser with any of the email addresses you own, and see if any of them logs you into the correct account. Please note that if you get asked to give a username and create a new account after logging in with a certain email, this means that there is no Bitbucket Cloud account with that email as primary, so you can skip that email from the process.

The Bitbucket Cloud support team cannot share the email addresses of an account if you are reaching out from an email that is not associated with said account.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events