Annotated tags become lightweight during fork sync - it seems

Anders Bandholm June 22, 2017

It looks like annoted tags created in the web-UI gets converted to lightweight tags during fork sync. Everything is fine in the main repo, but forks have only lightweight versions of the tags.

I have created some annotated tags on our main repo using the web-ui.

We all have forks of the main repo, but when the tags propagate through fork-sync the tags end up as lightweight tags in our clones.

To investigate, I have tried:

1. If I create a new fork of the main repo and clone it, I get all the tags correctly.
  2. If I create a fresh clone of a forked repo (that has been forked since the beginning) the tags are lightweight tags.
  3. A user that joined the project a while ago has the earlier tags as annotated tags and the newer ones as lightweight tags
  4. Another group here create annotated tags locally in Git and push them directly to their main repo - those tags propagate correctly.

All 4 observations supports the theory that fork sync is the culprit, and the problem exists only for tags created in the web-gui!

It looks like a bug.

We are running BB server v4.8.2

Cheers,
Anders

2 answers

0 votes
kenyon March 21, 2019
0 votes
kenyon February 24, 2019

We also experience this bug with Bitbucket v5.12.0. I'm raising an issue with Atlassian Support about this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events