Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advantages/disadvantages of mirroring git repo to bitbucket trial

Denis Marcin January 23, 2018

I am about to begin a trial of bitbucket server. we are currently using git v.1.7.3.2 as our repo. we want to explore the integration of bitbucket with our jira and confluence installations particularly relative to our existing policies and processes.

I read in "Importing code from an existing project" that it was possible to mirror an existing git repo into bitbucket.

what are the advantages/disadvantages of this during our trial?

the page on smart mirroring states that the feature is only available in the data center version.

thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2018

You can port your existing project to Bitbucket pretty easily when you create a repository, even if you are not on the data center version.

And it doesn't have any disadvantages because you can just clone the repo after your evaluation, if you do not want to proceed using the product. You will lose some Bitbucket specific data like pull request history, repository permissions etc but none of that will affect your code or the commit history.

Denis Marcin January 23, 2018

Jobin -

thanks for your quick response. i was hoping that this was the case.

denis

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events