Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding users to branches

Jason Murray December 10, 2018

I am looking to add a user to have access to a branch of a repository, but only that branch.

When I try to add them, the name 'disappears' out of the name selector box.  I was able to test a successful add with one of my own accounts.

Did I miss a step somewhere?  I also added them to the repository with write access, then tried again to add them to the branch.  Again the name disappears.  At this point I have removed this person from the repository general users list.

Thanks for any advice!

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2018

Hi Jason!

Does that user have permissions to access the repo? Even if you only want him to be able to work on one of the branches, he'll need access to the repo so he can access that branch.

Let us know!

Ana

Jason Murray December 12, 2018

Hi Ana,

Yes that's correct, the user was added as both read access and also tested with write as for the repo - the behavior is the same.  A strange problem.  

Apart from this - can you please help me understand the implications behind adding specific access to a branch - does that affect the access of other users to this branch who otherwise have general access to the repo?  I ask because that seems to be the case based on what another user reported.

Thanks!

Jason

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events