Adding an additional LDAP user directory for another domain

Does any one know if STASH supports mutiple LDAP connections? we now have ".com" domain configured in STASH and we would like to add another LDAP connection which connects to the ".ca" domain. I don’t know how we can add another LDAP connection in STASHor if it even supports multiple LDAP connections.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Rahul,

Stash supports multiple (LDAP) user directories. You can add a second user directory in Admin > User directories and Stash will use it to authenticate your users. Note however that Stash will consider the user directories in the order in which they are defined (you can reorder them).

Users will be authenticated against the first directory in which a user with the provided username exists. This means that if you have a overlapping usernames between your two directories that are not the same user, Stash will only consider the first directory in which that user appears.

Hope that helps!

thanks Michael. this is what I wanted to know. Order shoudl not be an issue and there are no duplicate users in both the domains.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 06, 2018 in Bitbucket

Upgrade Best Practices

Hello! My name is Mark Askew and I am a Premier Support Engineer for products Bitbucket Server/Data Center, Fisheye & Crucible. Today, I want to bring the discussion that Jennifer, Matt, and ...

434 views 6 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you