Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a SVN repository (with integrated Windows Authentication) into FishEye+Crucible

James Barnes July 2, 2014

I recently setup FishEye+Crucible to evaluate it for integration with SVN and JIRA. For the past 2 days I've nearly tore all of my hair out trying to simply add a repository.

We're using the Enterprise Edition of VisualSVN Server with Windows Authentication enabled, which is where I'm suspecting the problem is coming from.

Does anyone have any experiance of this issue?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
lpater
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2014

Hi James,

you might be hitting this known issue related to NTLM authentication to VisualSVN.

Please watch it and vote for it. In the meantime you could try switching to basic authentication in VisualSVN.

James Barnes July 9, 2014

Hi Lukasz,

Yes that seems to have resolved it, thanks for your time and help.

0 votes
James Barnes July 7, 2014

Hi Svante,

Thanks for your response.

So I'm trying to add a SVN repository into FE, with the following error:

"Unable to get info for the repository root for [REPO]

"SVN:E170001 Negotiate authentication failed: 'No valid credentials provided.'"

For the permissions of the repository I most definitely have the username I'm using to add the repository with added (with full access permissions). Using Windows Authentication with VisualSVN Server, do I need to add the domain to the username, e.g. domain\user?

Also FE is on the same server as VisualSVN.

0 votes
Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2014

Hi James,

I have some experience with VisualSVN and large SVN repos (500000+ revisions). My issue was that I never came by the initial index due to timeouts :-( There were no issues with the actual authentication.

What I understood back then was the fact that VisualSVN didn't support any other protocol than http(s) which is the slowest of protocols. What we would like at that time was to utilize the faster ssh protocol. But it was not possible.

One way to solve this issue would be to mirror the VisualSVN repos to an SVN instance on the FE server and run the indexing against these SVN repos. Then you can use the fastest file-protocol. Setup the mirroring to synch every 5 minutes and your FE will be almost in real-time.

What are your specific issues?

Cheers,

// Svante

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events