Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add text input for pull request plugin?

Jim Murphy October 10, 2013

Hi,

I am attempting to create a Stash pull request plugin where I would require a value at the time of the merge. Is there any way to be able to have the person doing the merge submit a value into a text field and in turn use that value elsewhere in the code?

Thanks,

-Jim

1 answer

0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2013

Hi Jim,

Any luck? Unfortunately it's not something that's easy to do. We have a few servlet-based approaches for how to support this kind of plugin point, but nothing yet for REST. It's something we'd like to solve to make these customisations possible in different places.

As a (very dodgy) work around you could hijack the submit button in JS, send the request to your own REST endpoint as well as the normal one.

Cheers,

Charles

Jim Murphy December 2, 2013

Hi Charles,

I still have not come up with a solution. My current thinking is to do this outside of Stash using the REST api, which of course makes what we want to do an extra step. Utlimately, we would like to do a bulk update of a custom field in Jira.

When a merge takes place; gather all the Jira tickets from the commits to be merged and update the Jira field in each of those tickets based on what was entered into the text field by the person performing the merge.

-Jim

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events