Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add/remove users/groups to all our repositories

Will Gibson February 9, 2014

We need to tidy up the access stuff in our bitbucket repositories having merged in the repositories for another company we merged with last year.

Is there any way to remove certain users/groups from all our repositories in one hit?

Or do we have to go through them all one by one?

Same question applies with regard to adding a group to all our repositories too.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2014

If you've been using group management with your Team. You only need to visit the Groups page in your Team Administration to remove entire groups and group members. There, you can also create new groups that will be added to all repositories at one time. Check out the docs for more details on how to do this.

Will Gibson February 10, 2014

Yes, I'd done that before, but keep coming up against repos which havn't been affected.

I think these are all the ones which were imported from my old Bitbucket account after my buesiness was merged into the one I work for now.

I could PM you a link to an example if you are staff and go checking things out behind the scenes?

aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2014

Transferred repositories do not auto-inherit the groups and users of the destination team to avoid accidental permission. For those, you'll either need to visit them individually, or go to your Plans and Billing page to remove those users/groups completely from your Team.

OK.

I just deleted group access for "old co", but it doesn't seem to have removed them from the individual projects.

I guess we'll just have to go through them and do a bit of housework.

All done. Where do I send the bill for my RSI therapy ;-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events