Add/remove users/groups to all our repositories

We need to tidy up the access stuff in our bitbucket repositories having merged in the repositories for another company we merged with last year.

Is there any way to remove certain users/groups from all our repositories in one hit?

Or do we have to go through them all one by one?

Same question applies with regard to adding a group to all our repositories too.

1 answer

1 accepted

If you've been using group management with your Team. You only need to visit the Groups page in your Team Administration to remove entire groups and group members. There, you can also create new groups that will be added to all repositories at one time. Check out the docs for more details on how to do this.

Yes, I'd done that before, but keep coming up against repos which havn't been affected.

I think these are all the ones which were imported from my old Bitbucket account after my buesiness was merged into the one I work for now.

I could PM you a link to an example if you are staff and go checking things out behind the scenes?

Transferred repositories do not auto-inherit the groups and users of the destination team to avoid accidental permission. For those, you'll either need to visit them individually, or go to your Plans and Billing page to remove those users/groups completely from your Team.

OK.

I just deleted group access for "old co", but it doesn't seem to have removed them from the individual projects.

I guess we'll just have to go through them and do a bit of housework.

All done. Where do I send the bill for my RSI therapy ;-)

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

1,755 views 1 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you