cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Bitbucket Pipeline Containers from External Tool

EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2017

I'm using SauceLabs for end user acceptance testing of plugin compatibility across many atlassian products.

=============  shipit Integration Test Results  ==============
	jira:6.3.1                    		PENDING
	jira:7.3.1                    		PENDING
	jira-sd:6.3.1                 		PENDING
	jira-sd:7.3.1                 		PENDING
	bamboo:5.10.0                 		PENDING
	bamboo:5.15.0                 		PENDING
	bitbucket:4.0.0               		PENDING
	bitbucket:4.13.0              		PENDING
	confluence:5.10.2             		PENDING
	confluence:6.0.5              		PENDING
	fecru:4.1.0-20160624111830    		PENDING
	fecru:4.3.0-20170119092650    		PENDING
==============================================================

So i need the container URL for each docker image that is available externally so SauceLabs can invoke automated testing agaisnt the running applications.  The hostname info provided by containers is only locallly resolvable (i.e. 724babeb-d690-452c-aa9b-ef5660af34ae)

I was hoping there is a known domain I could append to provide to the SauceLabs tests (i.e. 724babeb-d690-452c-aa9b-ef5660af34ae.pipelines.bitbucker.com)

1 answer

0 votes
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2017

It's not an answer for use cases outside of SauceLabs, but if you just need an easy way to integrate tunnerl startup with testing, their Maven Mojo is perfect solution.

https://github.com/saucelabs/sauce-java/tree/master/sauce-connect-plugin

Just add the config to your build steps and it will open and close a tunnel to localhost as part of IT testing lifecycle.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events