Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access rights per ssh-key

xlammertink November 26, 2018

Hi all,

I'm using Bitbucket for some projects, however I want to start using it for some back-ups as well. Idea is that I want an extra repository for my router configuration that allows my router to start committing configuration changes.

Obviously I don't want the router to use my personal ssh-key. I would like to create a separate SSH key that only has (read and write) access to the router configuration repository.

I didn't find any way of permitting access per key in Bitbucket (except for access-keys, but thats read only). Only thing I found was making a second account for my router.

Does anyone here know a better way to achieve this?

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2018

Hi XL, welcome to the Community!

The solution that came to my mind, and that you already mentioned at the end of your post, was to create a separate account for your router. That way you could have a dedicated SSH key for it, and grant them separate permissions as you wish. I believe this would also be a safer choice.

Cheers,

Ana

xlammertink November 28, 2018

Hi Ana,

I think that is indeed a safe choice, but it would be great if I could make sub-accounts (so I don’t need multiple email addresses for the different accounts) or that the access-keys functionality (per repository) would be extended in the way that you can set access rights per key (not only read, but also read-write).

I assume this is currently not possible?

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2018

That's not possible at the moment, but if you believe this will bring you some benefit you're more than welcome to submit a Feature request at Site/master.

Hope that helps :) 

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events