Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access BitBucket database tables via API?

Venkata Nagarjuna Dondapati May 8, 2017

Hi,

I need to retrieve the BitBucket DB data from the tables (non AO tables) like users, projects, repositories. Is there any way to fetch data from these tables similar to the AO tables? I dont want to use the Oracle DB details to fetch these details. Is there any way to fetch them through the Java API?

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2017

No, the database tables in Atlassian applications are mostly not directly exposed, because they're really badly laid out for reporting.

You should forget database tables and use the APIs that are exposed, they are far more easy to use and representative of what you really want to do with the information being held.

Venkata Nagarjuna Dondapati May 8, 2017

Thanks Nic. But our database is pretty big and our server is timing out to retrieve all the users and their projects and repository permissions. I cannot modify the server settings. Is there anyway I can retrieve them through the API? (I really didnt find a way to retrieve the users permissions in one call)

1 vote
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2017

Hi Venkata,

You can find the BitBucket Server API Documentation here or if you're using cloud, the documentation is here.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Maarten

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events