Access BitBucket database tables via API?

Hi,

I need to retrieve the BitBucket DB data from the tables (non AO tables) like users, projects, repositories. Is there any way to fetch data from these tables similar to the AO tables? I dont want to use the Oracle DB details to fetch these details. Is there any way to fetch them through the Java API?

2 answers

1 vote
Maarten Cautreels Community Champion May 08, 2017

Hi Venkata,

You can find the BitBucket Server API Documentation here or if you're using cloud, the documentation is here.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Maarten

1 vote

No, the database tables in Atlassian applications are mostly not directly exposed, because they're really badly laid out for reporting.

You should forget database tables and use the APIs that are exposed, they are far more easy to use and representative of what you really want to do with the information being held.

Thanks Nic. But our database is pretty big and our server is timing out to retrieve all the users and their projects and repository permissions. I cannot modify the server settings. Is there anyway I can retrieve them through the API? (I really didnt find a way to retrieve the users permissions in one call)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jun 12, 2018 in Bitbucket

Do you use any Atlassian products for your personal projects?

After spinning my wheels trying to get organized enough to write a book for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) I took my affinity for Atlassian products from my work life and decided to tr...

31,339 views 26 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you