Accepting a repository on behalf of a team

Devnuhl Unnamed December 14, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Change or transfer repository ownership

I'm the administrator/owner of a team, and cannot seem to accept a transfer on behalf of the team. I am sure I've done this before, but currently it looks like I may have to log into the team account directly to perform the action. Is this the only way?

1 answer

0 votes
evzijst
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 14, 2015

You cannot log into a team. Teams are not account in the sense that you can interactively log into them. Administrators perform actions on behalf of the team. You say you are an admin, but did mention whether or not you got the transfer email (all admins should get that), or whether you get an error somewhere along the way.

Eugene Bekker August 1, 2018

We're having this same issue and none of our admins received the transfer email.

I've been reviewing the community posts related to this issue (this convoluted way to accept a repo transfer) -- there are lots of them.

Clearly there's a user experience issue here.  Anyone ever considered an alternate approach?  How about just putting the accept button in the repo settings and making it accessible to all the admins?  Or at least a "resend email" button?

Like Noriyo Asano likes this
Noriyo Asano November 10, 2018

We're troubled by the same problem, and hoping this issue would be resolved as soon as possible.  It would be very much appreciated if the Atlassian developers could give it any priority.

Eugene Bekker November 12, 2018

Unfortunately, I wouldn't hold your breath, doesn't seem to be much interest in fixing this experience.

Things like this drove us away from BitBucket.  We explored a few different alternatives and ended up migrating right out of BitBucket.

Noriyo Asano November 12, 2018

It is a sad news... But anyway thank you for your helpful reply :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events