Academic license for teams

Can I use my academic license to create a team that also has the academic plan (unlimited users)? I've noticed since the team ownership model has changed in the last few days, I am unable to create a team that carries over my user license.

1 answer

1 accepted

The automated account upgrade for Academic users was only intended for individuals. If you have an Academic team, you can request an upgrade through https://www.atlassian.com/software/views/bitbucket-academic-license.jsp. We're working on updating it to remove the 'PRIMARY' email warning checkbox near the top. Just check the box for now.

I already received the automated account upgrade for Academic users for my personal account. When I create a team (I also have a secondary academic email address I would like to use), the default is the free 5 user plan. How can I request for the team to be upgraded to an Academic account? The linked form appears to only apply to individual accounts.

The form hasn't been updated for our recent team changes. Please fill it out with the team id.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

630 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot