A fatal error has occurred when i am starting Bitbucket server 5.1.0

Maxim Shesterkin July 5, 2017

The error that i see:

• The following problem occurred, which prevents Atlassian Bitbucket from starting: You are using Git 1.9.1. The minimum supported version is 2.2.0. Upgrade to Git 2.2.0+ and restart Bitbucket.

I have already updated Git to 2.13.0 and restarted Bitbucket, but the error is not disappeared.

What is the problem?

Thank you.

1 answer

1 vote
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2017

Hi Maxim,

Is the newer version of git installed in a location that's in $PATH, and is that version the first one found in $PATH?

If you have the newer version of git in a different location, you can force Bitbucket Server to use that one instead. Just add the plugin.bitbucket-git.path.executable property to Bitbucket Server's configuration and restart Bitbucket Server.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Maxim Shesterkin July 6, 2017

Hi Christian,

I have the newest version of git on my linux server it located in usr/bin/git

Did I understand correctly that I need to create a plugin.bitbucket-git.path.executable file in /opt/atlassian/bitbucket/5.1.0/bin or /var/atlassian/application-data/bitbucket/shared/config

Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2017

Hi Maxim,

You'll need to add the plugin.bitbucket-git.path.executable entry in the bitbucket.properties file and point that entry to the location of the git executable. More details on that are in the documentation I linked to above.

Cheers

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events