Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

401 when triggering jenkins build from branch list in Stash

Maxfield B December 1, 2015

I have PBfJ installed on my Stash server, but when I try to trigger a build from the branch list i get a 401 error: "invalid password/token for user: jbuilder" and no build is triggered.

I've tried using no token, and using the jenkins api token for user 'jbuilder'. Same error in both cases.

What am I doing wrong?

2 answers

0 votes
Maxfield B December 1, 2015

pbfj.png

0 votes
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2015

Hello, 

It's similar to 403 Forbidden, but specifically for use when authentication is required and has failed or has not yet been provided. The response must include a WWW-Authenticate header field containing a challenge applicable to the requested resource. 

Something is wrong or with your user/password/token or some permission might missing in some place. Also, can you confirm if there's some proxy between those applications? This might causing this behaviour.

As a quick test, are you able to authenticate using that user and password directly on the application? 

One last thing, are you using SSH for this communication? If so, can you confirm that the ssh-agent and the key is loaded?

ssh-agent -l #this command list your ssh key (if that is loaded).

ssh-agent #this command start the agent

Cheers, 
Renato Rudnicki 

Maxfield B December 14, 2015

You ask "are you able to authenticate using that user and password directly on the application?" But there is no place in the configuration to specify a password. Only an API token. You ask "are you using SSH for this communication?" But there is no way to specify which protocol to use. See next comment for a screenshot of the options.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events