2GB > Repository not letting me push

Stefano Pedone May 6, 2020

Hello!

We are a team of web developers and our business app code is hosted on Bitbucket. We just now realized we can't push our changes anymore due to our repository going over 2GB size. So, therefore, I went in and deleted a bunch of unneeded files and also older branches. I removed more than 1GB of files, but it still doesn't let me push and says I have a 2GB repository.

I've tried your guide: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/reduce-repository-size-321848262.html and also searched online for some solutions, but it seems that we can't do anything from our side.

I've also opened a support ticket various hours ago but no one replied to us.
We're with Premium members and actually, this kind of lock can be very problematic to our running business if it will last any longer. It seems that the only solution is for you to run a 'git gc'.

Can someone please help? Also, could anyone tell us how to unlock this issue by ourselves, in the future maybe? Thanks a lot!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
sergio_sorgente May 6, 2020

Hi guys, 

I'm a fellow colleague of Stefano. 

Unfortunately, the situation is not resolved ad we still need the run of git gc command from Bitbucket support. 

It's very important for us, because this issue is blocking our business, we're depending on hot fixes for our customer and this is a big issue for us. 

We've opened a ticket 15 hours ago and still no response, we've also tried to contact you via phone but without success. 

A fast response will be very appreciated. 

Thanks. 

Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2020
matteoxleggieri May 7, 2020

Hi Daniil,

thanks for the support.

Best, Matteo.

matteoxleggieri May 11, 2020

@Daniil Penkin 

please could you help us to run again the GC?

Thanks, Matteo.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events