User name not listed in the dropdown box to add as a member in a project

Meenupriya Periakaruppan June 16, 2021

https://rit.accenture.com/avs-bitbucket/login?nextUrl=%2Fdashboard

My username is not listed in the bitbucket.  How to add my user name?

https://innersource.accenture.com/project

This is the project link.

2 comments

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2021

@Meenupriya Periakaruppan - hi again!

You'll need to contact your Accenture point of contact, as they maintain both that Jira instance and Bitbucket Server instance. Good luck!

Meenupriya Periakaruppan June 17, 2021

@Dave Liao I already Spoke internally. They said as Innersource bitbucket is only managed by Atlassian I have to seek guidance only from Atlassian. 

Can you loop it with support from Atlassian member??

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2021

I'll try my best to escalate to Atlassian (I'm a volunteer), but from what I can see from the URLs, these instances are managed by Accenture.

Meenupriya Periakaruppan June 18, 2021

Sure @Dave Liao  Please loop it to Atlassian member. My organisation is not managing this internally anymore.

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2021

Hello @Meenupriya Periakaruppan ,

Thanks for reaching out.  While reviewing this thread we will need some additional context to help you out.

It sounds like you are having an issue with a integration between a Jira and Bitbucket that just happens to be hosted by Accenture.  Where the issue is occurring on the integration between the two platforms so it is nothing to do with the hosting provider, and there is a dropdown that is not populating your account, but the account already exists in both systems is this correct? 

Next, which product are you looking at where the dropdown box is located?  Is it on the Jira side or the Bitbucket side?  If you could include a screenshot of the whole page where the dropdown box is located this would help us out a lot to identify the issue.  Do note that this is a public forum so make sure to obfuscate any sensitive information from the screenshot, like usernames and email addresses, or data in view of the screenshot that should not be shared publically.

Then can you also provide the application versions for each platform?  You can find this by selecting the Help icon > About at the top of the screen.

Regards,
Earl

Like Dave Liao likes this
Meenupriya Periakaruppan June 18, 2021

@Earl McCutcheon No its not the integration issue. I can access JIRA. I am unable to access only Bitbucket. Username is not found at all. When I try to use forgot password by entering email ID, I never got reply link to reset password too. This is only because my account is not at all there in Bitbucket. Can you guide me how should I solve it??

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2021

Hello @Meenupriya Periakaruppan ,

Thanks for the update, and if you are the admin and completely unable to log into the Bitbucket Server, you can use the lockout recovery process here:

This will allow you to reset the password and configure the SMTP server if the account exists but not sending the recovery email.

If you are not the admin, reach out to the admin or sysadmin account holder (most likely held by your Accenture point of contact) to verify the account exists on the server per the configured user directories or add the account to the system for login, and make sure that the user is added to the desired repository as covered in:

Regards,
Earl

Like Dave Liao likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events