Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access your account?

Rohit Shukla February 13, 2018

I have installed bit bucket on my local servers, and I forgot user and password, how I can reset my password, while trying to reset, it saying mail server is not configured on your server. Please let me know alternative solutions.

3 comments

Shankar Asam {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2018

I am not able to connect database, as I had not created or moved it to other database. I just have access on that server in which I have installed it.

Please suggest.

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2018

You can create a new user account directly in the database and then login with that new account and reset the original admin password.

Refer to instructions in https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserverkb/restore-bitbucket-server-s-administrator-user-779171684.html

Thank you Fazila,

I didn't migrate it with any databases, I just have access on server, is there way to add user from server directly? if yes, please share steps.

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2018

@Rohit Shukla, So you have not configured external db but used only the HSQLDB embedded db for evaluation.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira063/running-sql-commands-in-a-hsql-database-683542285.html has information about how to run sql commands for hsql of JIRA. I think it should be similar for bitbucket setup also.. Could you try to follow the instructions in the link and let me know whether it is good?

Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2018

Hi Rohit,

You can use the lockout recovery process to gain administrator access to your Bitbucket Server again, where you will then be able to change your user's password and configure an email server.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 14, 2018

@Christian Glockner , Nice! Is the same option available for other atlassian tools?

Rohit Shukla February 14, 2018

Yes, I have applied same, Thanks a lot.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events