Pilot Experience: Network Account Integration

S. R. February 1, 2019

I've used BitBucket in the past and have been very happy with the user experience. I'd like to deliver a pilot (10 user license) to a team at my current company and am curious if there's a way I can allow the selected pilot users to log in using their network credentials without having admin network access.

At this scale I'm not worried about bad actors impersonating anybody and I'd rather not make the pilot users have to go through a registration process and remember another password. The less bumps in the pilot the better. :)

2 comments

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2019

Hi @S. R. and welcome!

Which version of BitBucket are you using as there are definite differences in Server versus Cloud.

~~Larry Brock

S. R. February 1, 2019

@LarryBrock - Thanks for the reply!

I was using Bitbucket Server in the past. 

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2019

Hello again @S. R.,

The ways I see to address this are:

1. Based on your trust of the pilot users, set up a server instance and set a common password for each user like "bitbucket".  Easy to remember and no difficult administrative tasks to perform just for a pilot test.

2. Set up a server instance and tie into Jira as an external directory for your Bitbucket pilot.  This will allow your users to authenticate with their Jira password with no required network administrator interaction.  If you are not the Jira admin, this will require some assistance from one.

3. Set up a server instance and tie into your central directory service and attempt to use your personal account to tie in your Bitbucket pilot.  This will allow your users to authenticate with their central password but may require assistance from your directory service admins.

Hope these ideas help and if they do, please consider clicking the "Accept Answer" button so others see the "answered" indicator in their search results - thanks!

~~Larry Brock

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events