Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mark open Pull Requests "Under Review" in Bitbucket

Pratyush Tewari August 17, 2017

Often while one reviewer is reviewing a pull request, it can be merged by another reviewer because s/he does not know that there are more "future" comments coming.

Is it possible to add another state in the pull requests to indicate that these reviewers are looking at the pull req and the merger can check with them before hitting approve and merge.

1 comment

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2017

The option "Requires all reviewers to approve the pull request" that you can set on pull request is Bitbucket's way of preventing the merge from happening before all reviewers are done. That and the "More work needed" would indicate that one or more reviewers are not done yet.

Pratyush Tewari August 17, 2017

I guess that is one way. I was looking for less restrictive option but I can see that if it is not that restrictive then what is the point.

I was only thinking this feature from a process visiblitly point of view, that when I look at a pull req I need to know if others have started reviewing it or not. I think I can just assume that all reviewers start reviewing asap.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events