Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect lockout recovery instructions for Bitbucket

Brandon Hill November 29, 2017

After banging my head off the desk for multiple hours I finally figured out that the instructions here https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/lockout-recovery-process-776640158.html are slightly incorrect.  

The file needs to be edited to add set in front of the argument or the bitbucket will fail to launch after the modification. 

set "JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS=-Datlassian.recovery.password=temporarypassword"

The feedback button doesn't work at the bottom of the screen either so this was the only way I could figure out to let anyone know. 

1 comment

Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2017

Hi Brandon,

There should already be a line in the setenv.bat file for this environment variable, and as the article explains, you need to add the value to the line rather than putting the whole line there:

rem
rem Occasionally Atlassian Support may recommend that you set some specific JVM arguments. You can use this variable
rem below to do that.
rem
set JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS=

But anyway, I'll add some clarifications on what the line should look like on Windows.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events