Help configuring bitbucket.properties

Stephanie Polito February 5, 2018

I'm having issues configuring the bitbucket.properties file.  After performing a database migration from the evaluation DB to our MSSQL server, no shared\bitbucket.properties file nor a shared directory were created.

I attempted to create the file and shared folder myself, changing the owner to the atlbitbucket user account.  The problem is after restarting the bitbucket service, this file is not being used.  None of the configuration properties I enter are loaded.

I'm just trying to get bitbucket working over SSL, but cannot get the changes entered into the Atlassian\Bitbucket\5.7.0\shared\bitbucket.properties file to load.  Is there something I'm missing?

3 comments

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2018

You say no "shared" directories were created.  As this is a migration, I would not expect them to be created, but either moved or copied from the originals.  Could you explain what you "migrated"?

Stephanie Polito February 6, 2018

Atlassian\Bitbucket\5.7.0\bin\set-bitbucket-home.sh

Seems the home directory is actually Atlassian\ApplicationData\Bitbucket

shan224 April 11, 2018

I am having a similar issue with configuring SSL via the bitbucket.properties file.

I created bitbucket.properties file in shared/, however Bitbucket does not appear to be reading the file. Even with the below properties, bitbucket is still accessible via port 7990 after restarting the server

I am running the bitbucket server 5.9.1 on Windows 10. 

bitbucket.properties contents

server.context-path=/bitbucket
server.port=7443 # Jira is using 8443
server.secure=true
server.scheme=https
server.ssl.enabled=true
server.ssl.client-auth=want
server.ssl.protocol=TLSv1.2
server.ssl.key-store="path to my keystore"
server.ssl.key-store-password="mypass"
server.ssl.key-password="mypass"
server.require-ssl=true

shan224 April 11, 2018

Fixed! I accidentally created the bitbucket.properties as a text file and the .txt extension was invisible. 

After removing the .txt extension, it worked fine

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events