Difficult to find repository when adding repository to job bamboo

John Betz June 15, 2018

We have a large number of repositories in bitbucket.  When I want to add a repository to a plan, the add repository is very painful.  It can't find the repository and I have to scroll down the list and it show "Loading more repositories" and I have to hold mouse as it needs to keep loading more repositories. This is literally painful (carpal tunnel syndrome).

5 comments

Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2018

It can't find the repository

Do you mean the search repository function not working?

I have to scroll down the list and it show "Loading more repositories"

Which list are you referring to? Are you able to attach screen shot of this list from Bamboo?

John Betz June 18, 2018

the process works, albeit painfully.  mousing on "select your repository" (from bitbucket) gives an incomplete list, and then displays "Loading more results".  It takes  I keep have to scroll down and get numerous "loading more results".  I eventually will get the repository, but it is a very lengthy process. Typing in the repository name does not help.repo_pick.png

Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2018

What is the Bamboo and Bitbucket Server version?

Typing in the repository name does not help.

Do you mean that search is slow or it is not working?

John Betz June 20, 2018

well, search only selects from the list.  If the list is not fully loaded, then you have to go down to "loading more results".   It would be nice if it loaded all results.  I have to keep repeating that numerous times (we have a pretty good number of repositories).  This takes a long time, even though the "loading more results" responds quickly (with too few new repositories).  I spent (easily) over 5 minutes getting the list complete.

Foong
Atlassian Team
June 21, 2018

What is the Bamboo and Bitbucket Server version?

John Betz June 21, 2018

Atlassian Bitbucket v4.6.2
Atlassian Bamboo version 6.4.0 build 60404 - 17 Feb 18 

I am told we are updating Bitbucket today (hopefully that will settle the issue)

John Betz June 22, 2018

upgraded bitbucket to 5.11.1   Did not change behavior.

Foong
Atlassian Team
June 25, 2018

Have created feature request to get more repositories in the list https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-19959

John Betz January 21, 2019

Should have responded earlier.   On 6.4.0 and it is much better.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events