Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket 7.4.0 "Apply suggestion" feature feedback

Alexey Remnev August 13, 2020

Hi all.

I'm one of maintainers of YACC plugin, which uses repository / global hooks to control the contents of commit message and reject changes if message is not valid.

In version 1.25 we have added checking of changes made from Bitbucket UI and here's my feedback on this feature:

1. Bitbucket 7.4.0 Apply suggestion feature produces FILE_EDIT hook event, which fires hook and displays error when hook vetoes this change, but it doesn't display reject details, which doesn't allow developer to understand the reasons of reject:

Screenshot from 2020-08-13 16-52-41.png

If you edit file from source viewer, details message is displayed properly:

Screenshot from 2020-08-13 16-36-43.png

This doesn't seem convenient, so it would be great to see similar message when you try to apply suggestion from pull request comments.

2. Moreover, if applying suggestion is rejected once, it is cached then and it's not possible to repeat an attempt applying it. Again, committing change from source editor allows to edit and commit change if it was rejected before - would be nice to have a consistence here too.

Would be nice to have these items fixed/implemented.

1 comment

markgillespien August 13, 2020

Out of interest, did you find any problems?   I did play around with the YACC settings before downgrading, and none of the settings actually allowed out suggestions to be applied.

There was a setting to do with service accounts (*sorry, forget the name, possibly "exclude service accounts"), and I changed that, but either way it still failed for us.

Alexey Remnev August 13, 2020

@markgillespien 

Hi Mark.

I was able to Apply suggestion with YACC 1.25 with default YACC configuration, so most probably in your case commits don't fit some of checked rules. See some more details here.

Please, create an issue at our support desk to investigate it in more details.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events