Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2gb, can't push and can't resolve by myself

sergio_sorgente May 6, 2020

Hello!

We are a team of web developers and our business app code is hosted on Bitbucket. We just now realized we can't push our changes anymore due to our repository going over 2GB size. So, therefore, I went in and deleted a bunch of unneeded files and also older branches. I removed more than 1GB of files, but it still doesn't let me push and says I have a 2GB repository.

I've tried your guide: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/reduce-repository-size-321848262.html and also searched online for some solutions, but it seems that we can't do anything from our side.

I've also opened a support ticket one day ago but no one replied to us.
We're with Premium members and actually, this kind of lock can be very problematic to our running business if it will last any longer. It seems that the only solution is for you to run a 'git gc'.

Can someone please help? Also, could anyone tell us how to unlock this issue by ourselves, in the future maybe? Thanks a lot!

1 comment

Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2020

Hello @sergio_sorgente ,

Welcome to the Community.

I just ran aggressive GC for the repository in question, it is not well below the read-only limit.

Cheers,
Daniil

matteoxleggieri May 7, 2020

Hi Daniil,

I have read your answer in the ticket. I would ask something else there.

Thanks fort he support.

Best, Matteo.

Like Daniil Penkin likes this
matteoxleggieri May 11, 2020

Hi @Daniil Penkin 

please could you help us running the GC again?

Thanks, Matteo.

Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2020

Done, and replied in the support ticket.

Cheers,
Daniil

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events